[htdig] Re: Dec Alpha, Linux, and Htdig....

Ryan Kirkpatrick (rkirkpat@nag.cs.colorado.edu)
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 07:24:46 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 13 Feb 1999, Ryan Kirkpatrick wrote:

> I am hitting a problem in trying to get htdig 3.1.0b1 running on
> my Dec Alpha running Debian Slink (Linux 2.0.35). Whenever I attempt to
> connect to a site (local or remote) to index it, I get the following
> cryptic message:
>
> excelsior:# htdig -v -v -c /etc/calibration.conf
>
> New server: calibration, 80
> Unable to build connection with calibration:80
> pick: calibration:80, # servers = 1

        Please disregard this post. I just realized that there was a newer
version of htdig available than I could find a debian package for. The
newer version (3.1.0b4) works just fine on Alpha/Linux, and does not give
the above error. Sorry for the wasted bandwidth.

| "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." |
| --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV) |