Re: [htdig] Server Aliases, redirects etc.

Fri, 12 Feb 1999 15:40:50 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Walter Hafner wrote:

> Is such a behaviour in the queue for ht://Dig? If yes, when will it be
> available (I know, I know ...)? Unfortunately I don't know C++ at all...

Yes, general duplicate elimination is on the table for 3.2. Since people
on my site just *love* to use symbolic links, I'm sympathetic to your
plight.

> Question: How dows ht://Dig react to 301 ? Does it discard the URL? Does
> it follow the new URL?

Redirects in general are followed and the new URL is used preferentially.
To the best of my knowledge, the old URL is only discarded if you've set
remove_bad_urls, but I haven't had a chance to look at that code recently.

In short, I would assume this approach should work for you.

Cheers,