Re: [htdig] sherlock ?

Tilman Kastner (
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 10:06:24 +0100

> has anyone been able to program a Sherlock (MacOS search engine) interface
> to htsearch ? Are there any pitfalls to avoid ?

Writing a sherlock script was no problem at all. The only thing I had to do
was adding start and end comments in the templates. That makes it easier for
sherlock to match the items. Ranking does not work, because I have no idea
how to get a numeric ranking value from htdig.

Try this:

 name = "DMAG deutsch"
 action = ""
 method = get>

<input name="config" value="htdig_d">
<input name="method" value="and">
<input name="format" value="dmag-long">
<input name="matchesperpage" value="500">
<input name="words" user>

 resultListStart="<!-- RESULT LIST START -->"
 resultListEnd="<!-- RESULT LIST END -->"
 resultItemStart="<!-- RESULT ITEM START -->"
 resultItemEnd="<!-- RESULT ITEM END -->"

Best regards,

Tilman Kastner                 DEVICE/N GmbH             Karlsruher Strasse 4
PGP:      30880 Laatzen, Germany