Re: [htdig] sherlock ?

Tilman Kastner (kastner@devicen.de)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 10:06:24 +0100

> has anyone been able to program a Sherlock (MacOS search engine) interface
> to htsearch ? Are there any pitfalls to avoid ?

Writing a sherlock script was no problem at all. The only thing I had to do
was adding start and end comments in the templates. That makes it easier for
sherlock to match the items. Ranking does not work, because I have no idea
how to get a numeric ranking value from htdig.

Try this:

<search
 name = "DMAG deutsch"
 action = "http://www.messe.de/dmag/recherche/search/bin/htsearch.cgi"
 method = get>

<input name="config" value="htdig_d">
<input name="method" value="and">
<input name="format" value="dmag-long">
<input name="matchesperpage" value="500">
<input name="words" user>

<interpret

 resultListStart="<!-- RESULT LIST START -->"
 resultListEnd="<!-- RESULT LIST END -->"

 resultItemStart="<!-- RESULT ITEM START -->"
 resultItemEnd="<!-- RESULT ITEM END -->"

</search>

Best regards,

Tilman

--
Tilman Kastner                 DEVICE/N GmbH
kastner@devicen.de             Karlsruher Strasse 4