[htdig] Digging Time Too Long

Ken Mitchelhill (k.mitchelhill@medicine.unimelb.edu.au)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 19:19:21 +1100

Dear htDiggers,

I hope this problem doesn't seem too routine but I have been away from this
list for more than a year now and can't seem to find any obvious solution
in the web site or archives of this discussion group.

The commercial provider on which my site is hosted has instituted a 3
minute cpu time limit, beyond which processes are killed as some sort of
security measure.

Problem is that htDigging takes somewhat more time than that.

Are there any solutions out there other than getting another host?

Ken

********************************

Ken I. Mitchelhill
The John Holt Protein Structure Laboratory
St. Vincent's Institute of Medical Research
41 Victoria Parade
Fitzroy 3065 Victoria
AUSTRALIA

Telephone: 61-3-9288 2480