[htdig] Stripping java script from pages

Hugh Blandford (hugh@island.net.au)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 17:34:03 +1100

Hi all,

I have a growing number of sites that I need to index that have java script
in them. I need a way to strip out the javascript prior to it being
indexed by htdig.

In the archive someone suggested the use of muffin (a proxy server) which
would be fine however it seems to require the presence of an X Windows
system which I will not install.

I'm running FreeBSD, so if someone can suggest a PERL script or some other
way of doing this I would much appreciate it.

Regards,

Hugh Blandford.