Re: [htdig] Installation problem on Digital Unix 3.2c

Trace Pupke (pupket@cofc.edu)
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 16:01:08 -0500

At 06:57 PM 2/10/99 -0400, Geoff Hutchison wrote:
>>Is there a GNU version or a newer version out there? In the mean time,
>
>I'm not sure about your platform, but if there's a GNU ld, it's part of the
>"binutils" package. I would assume there's a newer Digital version, but
>probably only with Digital 4.0x

Ok, I installed binutils, but it didn't help.

>>should I ADD it to this line or CHANGE the /usr/lib to /usr/local/lib?
>
>Add. That way you're sure it doesn't decide to skip anything important in
>/usr/lib. :-)

I tried it both ways, but it still exited at the same point.

Here's the error message again while htfuzzy is compiling. The ld warning
appears in other places during the compilation, but doesn't exit.

Just a reminder I'm installing on Digital Unix 3.2c.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks.

gcc -o htfuzzy -L../htlib -L../htcommon -L../db/dist -L../rx/rx -L/usr/lib
-L/usr/local/lib Endings.o EndingsDB.o Exact.o Fuzzy.o Metaphone.o
Soundex.o SuffixEntry.o Synonym.o htfuzzy.o Substring.o Prefix.o
./htcommon/libcommon.a ../htlib/libht.a ../db/dist/libdb.a ../rx/rx/librx.a
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
/usr/bin/ld:
Warning: Linking some objects which contain exception information sections
        and some which do not. This may cause fatal runtime exception
        handling problems (last obj encountered without exceptions was
        ../db/dist/libdb.a).
Unresolved:
cout
ostream::operator<<(char const *)
ostream::operator<<(int)
ostream::operator<<(char)
ostream::flush(void)
endl(ostream &)
cerr
ostream::write(char const *, int)
ostream::operator<<(void const *)
ios virtual table
fstreambase::fstreambase(int, char const *, int, int)
istream::ios virtual table
ifstream::ios virtual table
fstreambase::ios virtual table
filebuf::~filebuf(void)