Re: [htdig] Re: Beware of 3.1.0 for Sun-sparc - patch included

Thu, 11 Feb 1999 10:40:16 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Frank Richter wrote:

> Letting "pdf_parser" undefined, works well.
> This should be mentioned in the docs.

Yeah, I kicked myself when I realized I left it out. Since it looks like
there will be a "brown paper bag" release of 3.1.1 shortly, I'll correct
that.

> - Warning: unknown locale!
> I get this with "locale: iso_8859_1" when starting htdig on Solaris 2.6
> Hmm, that makes me anxious...

We put this warning in because a lot of FAQs come down to incorrectly set
locales. Usually locales are of a different form (here's mine for US
English with ISO_8859_1 characters):

locale: en_US.ISO-8859-1

Usually the best place to check is something like /usr/lib/locale or
/usr/share/locale -- these will have a variety of directories with
appropriate locales for your system.