Re: [htdig] Installation problem

Trace Pupke (pupket@cofc.edu)
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 18:49:48 -0500

At 05:56 PM 2/10/99 -0400, Geoff Hutchison wrote:
>>I didn't forget to run ./configure, but I decided to start from scratch
>>anyway. I decided to upgrade make to GNU make 3.77 first. That went fine
>>and the new version is registering. So I did a 'make distclean' at the
>>top of the htdig source tree. I did './configure' - fine. Edited the
>>CONFIG file - fine. Then I did 'make' - it got past the part it quit
>>on before, but this time it exited on htfuzzy. Here's the display:
>
>It's not linking against your copy of libstdc++. Is it in /usr/local/lib ?
>If so, your linker is a bit braindead (most should look in /usr/lib as well
>as /usr/local/lib by default) but you can add -L/usr/local/lib to the
>Makefile.config and it should work.

It is in /usr/local/lib. I just upgraded gcc and libstdc++ earlier today,
both to 2.8.0. How can I give my linker a brain transplant or help it?
Is there a GNU version or a newer version out there? In the mean time,
should I ADD it to this line or CHANGE the /usr/lib to /usr/local/lib?

LIBDIRS= -L../htlib -L../htcommon -L../db/dist -L../rx/rx -L/usr/lib

Thanks for your help.

Trace Pupke
pupket@cofc.edu