Re: [htdig] Re: Problems with htdig and 301 redirects via apache mod_speling

Dave Elfering (elfering@tconl.com)
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 06:16:18 -0600

Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> >I sent this earlier. I've sorted it out myself I think. The problem
> >appears to >be that that the case of a url is thrown away by the Need2Get
> >function.
>
> This has been fixed in the development snapshots, including the latest
> 020799. However, if you can wait a few days, you'll probably want to get
> the official 3.1.0 release. If you can't, grab the snapshot and rebuild
> your databases from scratch. You'll be all set...

I've just downloaded 3.1.0 and am still getting the "301 Moved
Permanently" error on anything in a subdirectory (Apache/1.2.5) on my
site http://www.aroundomaha.com

Is the 3.1.0 release in www.htdig.org/files/ more recent than snapshot
020799? If it is, are there steps can I take to alleviate this problem?
I'm hosted somewhere, so I do not have administrative access to the web
server.

Thank you,

Dave Elfering