[htdig] htdig update is checking ALL pages already in a DB

denis filipetti (denis@world.std.com)
Thu, 04 Feb 1999 15:39:36 -0500

Hi Folks,

        Maybe I am missing something obvious ! When I run htdig in update mode (no
-i) it rechecks all of the pages already in the DB, with no regard for
limit_urls_to. Is that correct ? We will need to update any given page at
certain times for our users, in a DB that would be time consuming and
unnecessary to totally reindex. Is there any way that I can do that ?

        Also, watching htdig with a few -v's shows it at times rejecting a URL as
"not in the limits" but at other times "GET"ing that same URL (in the same
run) ! I suspect this dove-tails nicely with the previous question !

Thanks for any help,
Denis