Re: [htdig] Capacities/Cababilities of htdig

Wed, 3 Feb 1999 14:17:55 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Aviram Carmi wrote:

> - How many sites/pages can it index in a reasonable amount of time?
> - How many user queries can it handle?
> - What is the largest number of sites/pages that you index using htdig?

See htdig@htdig.org/msg00014.html">http://www.mail-archive.com/htdig@htdig.org/msg00014.html for one
opinion.

I now have 75,000 URLs on my PPro 100 box with 128MB RAM. It returns
searches in around 5-10 seconds as well (depending on number of matches,
naturally). It takes about 5 hrs to index and merge completely using the
current development code and about 1/2 hr to do updates after that.

Since the load never seems to go very high, I would expect it to easily
handle many concurrent user queries. I've never done much testing of that.