Re: [htdig] htdig keeling over...

nets@searchtools.com
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 10:05:59 -0800

At 9:13 PM -0400 2/2/99, Geoff Hutchison wrote:
> So you say "I don't care if it's invalid, ht://Dig should be able to keep
> going." Fair enough. But I'm beginning to worry about the complexity of that
> section of code if people keep finding non-compliant servers. There's a
> reason for RFCs...

It would be nice to have some exception-handling so that errors like
this are caught, logged, and skipped, rather than causing the whole
system to stop. Perhaps you could do some kind of reality check
first on important data. Even if the servers are non-standard, the
app should be robust enough to work around that.

Avi