Re: [htdig] small patch to allow_in_form feature

Alexander Bergolth (leo@strike.wu-wien.ac.at)
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 21:14:12 +0100 (MEZ)

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> I've been trying out the new allow_in_form feature, and found it has
> a small but annoying quirk to it. The attributes you include in this
> list get appended to the query strings for the links to other pages,
> at the bottom of the search results, even if they're not given as input
> parameters. This is inconsistent with the way other input parameters
> are propagated by Display::createURL().
>
> The patch below corrects this problem. Leo, was this feature one that
> you added? I was wondering if there was a reason that I'm overlooking
> for why you get the parameters from config rather than from input,
> in createURL(). It seems unnecessary to put the parameters in the query
> string if that's not where they came from to begin with, as the stuff in
> the configuration file isn't likely to change from one query to the next.

Mhm - of course you are right.
I think I did that in an earlier stage of writing this code to avoid that
variables are added that are not in the allow_in_form list.

I changed config["allow_in_form"] to input->get(form_vars[i]) in
Display::setVariables and in Display::createURL.

Thanks,
         Leo