Re: [htdig3-dev] Parsing Ms Word

J. op den Brouw (
Tue, 02 Feb 1999 10:46:31 +0100

Gilles Detillieux wrote:
> According to J. op den Brouw:
> > Well , the web sever sends you a mime-type back that
> > is configured for the extnsion .doc. The server doesn't
> > know what the contents is. WP docs should have
> > extensions like .wp or .wp5 or .wp<whatever>

(Snip a lot...)

Here is a WP 6 file that has a .doc extention. Try to index it
and you'll see (I hope) that htdig crashes because catdoc
sends back 8-bit characters...

To unsubscribe from the htdig3-dev mailing list, send a message to containing the single word "unsubscribe" in
the SUBJECT of the message.