Re: [htdig] segmentation fault in htsearch

Mon, 1 Feb 1999 21:09:31 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Andrew Storrs wrote:

> What's going on, any thoughts? I have installed htdig for other
> sites with no problems. My machine is a UltraSPARC 2 running Solaris 2.5.1
> and Apache 1.3.x.

First off, it helps to know what version of ht://Dig you're using. (This
helps cut down the list of possibilities.)

Secondly, you can often get a lot of useful information by running any of
the ht://Dig programs with a command line option of -v, -vv, -vvv,
-vvvv... (The more Vs, the more "verbose" it is with debugging
information.)