Re: [htdig] weighting the search results

Doug (
Mon, 01 Feb 1999 15:54:25 -0800

Geoff Hutchison wrote:
> >In my experience htdig doesn't pick up the meta tag unless you specify
> >"name=" instead of the more common "http-equiv=". The htdig
> >documentation gives examples of all this stuff.
> No, I don't think it should look at http-equiv for keywords.

        Sorry, I wasn't clear. I didn't mean to imply that htdig *should* look
for http-equiv, just that most people are more familiar with <META
http-equiv= ...> than a meta tag with a name= attribute, and might be
prone to write them with http-equiv not realizing that htdig won't pick
them up. (IOW, I did this the first time and I don't want to be the only
one. :)