Re: [htdig] Announcement: SimpleNet htdig-powered search page :)

Andrew Scherpbier (andrews@contigo.com)
Mon, 01 Feb 1999 15:16:29 -0800

Doug wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> As anyone who follows this list knows I've been working for several
> weeks on setting up an htdig powered search engine for the company where
> I work, Simple Network Communications. Well we've finally worked all the
> kinks out of the tubing, and our site is up and ready for all to view.
> Please feel free to visit http://www.simplenet.com/search/index.html and
> search your hearts away. :)
>
> Our webmaster has done a great job of customizing the look and feel of
> our search and results pages, and I was responsible for tweaking the
> front and back ends. I think it's a fine example of what can be done
> with this tool. We're averaging 1,000 searches a day for the past week
> according to the htsearch syslog, with more than 2/3 of those
> originating from unique IP's.
>
> Thanks again to all who helped out,
>
> Doug

Good looking site. I just want to point out that SimpleNet is one of our
(Contigo Software) ISPs and they have been doing a great job hosting our
servers! I hope ht://Dig works out well for you and your customers.

P.S.: I searched for "Contigo", "Andrew", and "Scherpbier" and found
nothing! What's up with that???? :-)

--
Andrew Scherpbier <andrews@contigo.com>