Re: [htdig] weighting the search results

Mon, 1 Feb 1999 18:01:24 -0400

>In my experience htdig doesn't pick up the meta tag unless you specify
>"name=" instead of the more common "http-equiv=". The htdig
>documentation gives examples of all this stuff.

No, I don't think it should look at http-equiv for keywords. Here's the
HTML-4.0 specification on indexing pages:
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/appendix/notes.html#h-B.4

The http-equiv portion of a meta tag specifies that it should be treated as
a valid HTTP header. Here's a list of valid HTTP headers in RFC 2068
http://www.pmg.lcs.mit.edu/cgi-bin/rfc/view?number=2068 Keywords are not
(at the moment) valid HTTP headers.