Re: [htdig] weighting the search results

matth@amc.com
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 14:59:32 -0800 (PST)

On 1 Feb, Doug wrote:

> Couple of things to look at. First, check your htdig.conf file to make
> sure that you're using keywords and that they are weighted highly. The

I have these in my htdig.conf:

keywords_meta_tag_names: htdig-keywords
keywords_factor: 100

This hasn't changed anything. Do I need to do something else to turn
on keyword indexing? I haven't seen anything that would seem to do so
in the documentation. Does the number of occurences of a word make a
difference if the htdig-keword meta tag? Would a page with "Intel" 100
times be given any more wieight than one with it 1 time?
  -M@

--
Matthew Hixson
AMC Web Developer