Re: [htdig] bug in template_map ?

Gilles Detillieux (
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 16:33:21 -0600 (CST)

According to Geoff Hutchison:
> > > template_map: ext-name builtin-long filename
> The crash comes because you use the "builtin-long" name which is reserved.
> I'm working out a bug fix which will simply ignore a template that
> attempts to use builtin-long and print an error message.

As the code stands now, if you use a reserved name for the internal name,
it will use the builtin-long or builtin-short template, and just ignore
the given file name. It doesn't crash in this case. Claas said it
crashed when he added the x to builtin-long. I suspect it's because
he didn't set template_name in htdig.conf to builtin-longx, and also
set the "format" input variable in the search form to builtin-longx.
The crash used to occur, if I recall, when the current template wasn't
set correctly. This should be fixed already.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: