[htdig] Announcement: SimpleNet htdig-powered search page :)

Doug (DougB@simplenet.com)
Mon, 01 Feb 1999 14:01:52 -0800

Greetings,

        As anyone who follows this list knows I've been working for several
weeks on setting up an htdig powered search engine for the company where
I work, Simple Network Communications. Well we've finally worked all the
kinks out of the tubing, and our site is up and ready for all to view.
Please feel free to visit http://www.simplenet.com/search/index.html and
search your hearts away. :)

        Our webmaster has done a great job of customizing the look and feel of
our search and results pages, and I was responsible for tweaking the
front and back ends. I think it's a fine example of what can be done
with this tool. We're averaging 1,000 searches a day for the past week
according to the htsearch syslog, with more than 2/3 of those
originating from unique IP's.

Thanks again to all who helped out,

Doug
PS, I did fill out the page submission form on the htdig web site too :)