[htdig] weighting the search results

matth@amc.com
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 13:00:21 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
  I've recently setup htdig at work and had a couple of questions. The
marketing dept. wants a certain page to come up whenever someone
searches for the words "Intel", "Motorola", or "AMD." Yes, I know that
this sortof defeats the point of having a search engine....
  Anyway, we've been trying to throw the results so that the page will
come up at the top of the list in the search output using the <meta
keywords=""> tag. This does not seem to be working. Does htdig take
into account the words inside the meta tags? And does it consider them
to be any more or less important than words in the body of the
document? Does it even look at what tags the words are in or does it
just strip all the tags and then index all of the remaining words?
  Thanks for any help,
    -M@

--
Matthew Hixson