Re: [htdig] SSI's & Not indexing docs

Mon, 1 Feb 1999 09:23:25 -0600 (CST)

According to Matthew Cook:
> Hello all. I have been using ht://Dig 3.1.0b1 for oh maybe 6 months
> now. I recently redesigned my site using SSI's and nearly all the pages
> are using the shtml extension. Just after I went online with the new
> look I tried to update my search database and all hell broke loose.
> Rundig will not index any documents and I receive this error: Unable to
> open word list file. It supposidly has seen the server but 0 docs are
> seen. Does this version of htdig support ssi's? If not Any patches? Any
> thoughts? I also checked out my virtual server's robots.txt file and I
> don't have any exclusions for htdig. Is it possible the larger web
> hosting's company server has a htdig exclusion? Similarly I didn't put
> any exclusions on indexing .shtml files in the htdig.conf file. I also
> tried deleting htdig and reinstalling it on the server and it that was
> no help.
>
> I am stumped so any suggestions would be much appreciated.
>
> P.S. Running Red HAt Linux 5.2 with latest apache web server.

If you're using the local_urls feature to index documents from the local
file system rather than fetching from the HTTP server, then SSI won't
work, nor will anything that relies on server-side processing (e.g. CGI).

I don't know if you installed htdig from the RPMs I prepared, but if so,
it turns on the local_urls feature by default, so you'd need to take that
out of your htdig.conf file.