[htdig] SSI's & Not indexing docs

Community Psychology Net's Webmaster (webmaster@cmmtypsych.net)
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 23:08:53 -0500

Hello all. I have been using ht://Dig 3.1.0b1 for oh maybe 6 months
now. I recently redesigned my site using SSI's and nearly all the pages
are using the shtml extension. Just after I went online with the new
look I tried to update my search database and all hell broke loose.
Rundig will not index any documents and I receive this error: Unable to
open word list file. It supposidly has seen the server but 0 docs are
seen. Does this version of htdig support ssi's? If not Any patches? Any
thoughts? I also checked out my virtual server's robots.txt file and I
don't have any exclusions for htdig. Is it possible the larger web
hosting's company server has a htdig exclusion? Similarly I didn't put
any exclusions on indexing .shtml files in the htdig.conf file. I also
tried deleting htdig and reinstalling it on the server and it that was
no help.

I am stumped so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

P.S. Running Red HAt Linux 5.2 with latest apache web server.

Matthew Cook
Community Psychology Network