htdig: htDig and password protected areas

Degan Outridge (outridge@primenet.com)
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:11:27 -0700

My ISP has htDig 3.08b2 installed. I have a password protected subdirectory
which is the Start_url for the dig, and I would like to know if there is a
way to modify the script so that I don't have to take off htaccess each
time I wish to index the pages. The techs at the ISP suggested adding :

@htdig = `$LIBDIR/bin/htdig -i -v -u username:password -s -c
$LIBDIR/conf/$u.conf`;

However, I am using berkeley db files for the passwords, and they were
unable to get this to work. I'd appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Degan