Re: htdig: Can't run htmerge from cron?

Anthony Peacock (a.peacock@chime.ucl.ac.uk)
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:52:20 -0000

Hi,

> I've put the rundig script in the root crontab file so it runs every
> night.
>
> However it fails at htmerge. I ran it in verbose mode, and this was last
> nights output:
>
> [snip]
>
> Why doesn't it work from crontab?

One possibility is that the cron environment is not as rich as the login
environment. I would imagine from your error that something is relying on an
environment variable that is not set for the crontab task. Check man crontab
for details of the default path that cron tasks can expect.

Fare Thee Well
Anthony Peacock
CHIME, UCL Medical School
E-Mail: a.peacock@chime.ucl.ac.uk