htdig: problems with max_hops??

Scott Wilson (swilson@pointy-haired-boss.uchicago.edu)
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:42:32 -0600 (CST)

I have recently installed ht://dig, and it works really well for one of my
uses (searches for mailling list archives) but recently I've been trying
to have it do a bit more... and running into some trouble.

Basically, I need to be able to limit the max_hops, or it just takes
forever. Unfortunately, I've limited the hops through both the max_hops
variable in the config file ( starting with max_hop_count: 0 ) and the
command line option ( -h 0 ) and both.... but none of them stop after
indexing the one main page. Instead.... it just goes and goes.

Does anyone else use the max_hop_count successfully? I checked the
archive for this email list, but outright non-functionality of
max_hop_count doesn't seem to have been addressed yet.

Is it simply an issue of 0 being a bad number to set max hops to?

For the record, its on a Solaris 7 server.

Scott Wilson
swilson@pointy-haired-boss.uchicago.edu (among others)