htdig: Foreign dictionaries and word stemming ?

Stephan Gilbert (gilbert@webforum.de)
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 10:03:02 +0100

Has anyone in the community experimented with foreign language
dictionaries ? I did download the german "ispell" compatible
dictionary and affix file for htfuzzy. I did run htfuzzy on it
but stopped it after 3 days (200Mhz Pentium running 2.0.34 Linux).
The data base file did gow from approx. 2 MBytes to 6. How can
you test to see whether it actually accomplishes something sensible?

The other problem especially in german is assembled words. A partial
match would be very helpful in absence of a word stemming algorithm.
Are there any plans to add partial matches ?

Stephan