Re: htdig: How to exclude underscores?

Gilles Detillieux (
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:21:45 -0600 (CST)

According to Gerrard Smith:
> I want to ignore all directories that start with "_vti*" when indexing, but make
> sure all other directories that have an underscore are indexed and searchable.
> This appears to be controlled by exclude_urls in the config file. I currently
> have set up for this:
> /cgi-bin/ .gif .jpeg .jpg . class .cgi _vti*
> Why is it still excluding any directory with an underscore?

I assume you mean still NOT excluding... The exclude_urls attribute does
not handle wildcards or regular expressions, so you don't want to use a
"*" in the pattern. As it uses partial matches anyway, it should be
sufficient to specify _vti without anything after it.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: