htdig: 'Direct' checking the DB for existence of URL

htDig user (htdig@as.westblaak.spirit.nl)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 16:06:50 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I'm trying to work around this frameset-thingie...

Whenever htdig gives me the results, it gives me the URL to the page
containing my words. It often happens that these resultpages belong
to a frameset.

So i tried to work around:

Assume you have http://www.my.site.com/directory/index.html which actually
has the <frameset> stuff.

I searched for "word" and htdig has found "word" in document
http://www.my.site.com/directory/page.html.

First, it should check whether /directory/index.html does exist. If so,
the result-URL should become /directory/index.html instead of
/directory/page.html !
In case index.html doesn't exist, the result-URL should be page.html,
since you don't want ppl to see the contents of your directory..

Second, it cuts off the filename of the page containing the search-word:

  http://www.my.site.com/directory/

So.....my question is: How can I check the database for existence of
/directory/index.html ?

Hmmm maybe it's better to switch step 1 and 2 .....

*sigh* I really hope someone actually DOES understand this question.. ;)