htdig: local file indexing and searching

Joseph Cheek (joseph@cheek.com)
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 13:36:26 -0800

hello all htdig gurus,

i have successfully indexed local html files by using the
start_url/local_urls config file attribute combination. my problem is that
results are displayed with a link to the url, not to the local file. for
instance:

start_url: http://www.cheek.com
local_urls: http://www.cheek.com/=/opt/myfiles/

works as expected, indexing from local start file /opt/myfiles/index.html.
running an htsearch, however, shows the results as:

http://www.cheek.com/index.html
http://www.cheek.com/file1.html
http://www.cheek.com/file2.html

instead of

file:/opt/myfiles/index.html
file:/opt/myfiles/file1.html
file:/opt/myfiles/file2.html

which is what i want. is there a way to get ht://dig to do this the way i
want it to do?

thanks!

joe

--
 Joseph Cheek, Director of Cheek Consulting in Seattle, WA
  Cheek Consulting provides Linux and Internet technology solutions