Re: htdig: Solaris 2.51 problems

Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:06:28 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Doug wrote:

> obtained from sunfreeware.com. :-/ Have you by chance tried compiling
> with the currently available version of the sources? The letters in the

Andrew can certainly correct me, but I believe he was compiling version
3.1.0b4, which is the currently released version. (You have to be pretty
specific because "current" could also mean CVS tree or CVS snapshot or...
;-)

If you're having problems with the latest release and the Berkeley DB
package, I'd try one of two things:
1) Download the package itself from www.sleepycat.com and try building it
on your own. If you can build it outside of the ht://Dig directory but not
inside it, I want to know.

2) Try the latest snapshot. A week or so ago, I imported the latest db
source from Sleepycat. This may or may not fix your problem. Since I don't
have access to a Solaris 2.5.1 machine, I can't test it.