Re: htdig: Solaris 2.51 problems

Geoff Hutchison (
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:06:28 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Doug wrote:

> obtained from :-/ Have you by chance tried compiling
> with the currently available version of the sources? The letters in the

Andrew can certainly correct me, but I believe he was compiling version
3.1.0b4, which is the currently released version. (You have to be pretty
specific because "current" could also mean CVS tree or CVS snapshot or...

If you're having problems with the latest release and the Berkeley DB
package, I'd try one of two things:
1) Download the package itself from and try building it
on your own. If you can build it outside of the ht://Dig directory but not
inside it, I want to know.

2) Try the latest snapshot. A week or so ago, I imported the latest db
source from Sleepycat. This may or may not fix your problem. Since I don't
have access to a Solaris 2.5.1 machine, I can't test it.