htdig: '&' in URL:s

mti@melody-is.se
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 21:58:18 +0100 (MET)

[I'm not subscribed to this list so please CC: any answers to me]

I used htdig to index a site and found a problem. Some links looked
like:

<A href="cgi-bin/foo?a=1&amp;b=2">

rather than

<A href="cgi-bin/foo?a=1&b=2">

So when htdig tried to follow that link, the script was run with the
variables 'a' and 'amp;b' rather than 'a' and 'b'. My question is:
should htdig convert entities in attribute values, or should the links
be fixed? The link works without problems with the three browsers I
have tested (IE, NS and Lynx) so I suppose htdig should be fixed. I
will submit a patch if you agree with me.

/Mikael