Re: htdig: Solaris 2.51 problems

Andrew Scherpbier (andrews@contigo.com)
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 17:18:33 -0800

Doug wrote:

> My test machine is Solaris 2.6 and after installing gcc 2.8.1 and
> libstdc++ 2.8.1 everything compiled just fine. Now I'm ready to install
> htdig on the real web server, which is Solaris 2.51 (unfortunately) and
> I'm running into problems. After installing the 2.5 versions of the same
> gcc and libstdc++, I get this error when running configure for
> htdig-3.1.0b4:
>
> checking for u_short... yes
> checking for u_int... yes
> checking for u_long... yes
> checking for u_int8_t... no
> configure: error: No unsigned 8-bit integral type.
> configure: error: ./configure failed for db/dist
>
> Oddly enough, when I go into db/dist and run configure, it goes just
> fine.
>
> I saw some references to problems with Solaris 2.51 on the mailing list
> archive, but none of them seemed to deal with my problem. If anyone has
> a solution to this, I would be very appreciative.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doug

I just compiled the htdig3 cvs tree under sparc solaris 2.5.1 without
problems.
The problem is probably with your installation of gcc and stdc++

I used the gcc-2.8.1-local and libstdc++-2.8.1-local solaris packages I found
at http://smc.vnet.net/solaris_2.5.html (I had a *VERY* slow connection to
that site. let me know if you want me to put them on ftp.htdig.org for
you...)

Cheers!

--
Andrew Scherpbier <andrews@contigo.com>