htdig: Solaris 2.51 problems

Doug (
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 19:46:01 -0800

        My test machine is Solaris 2.6 and after installing gcc 2.8.1 and
libstdc++ 2.8.1 everything compiled just fine. Now I'm ready to install
htdig on the real web server, which is Solaris 2.51 (unfortunately) and
I'm running into problems. After installing the 2.5 versions of the same
gcc and libstdc++, I get this error when running configure for

checking for u_short... yes
checking for u_int... yes
checking for u_long... yes
checking for u_int8_t... no
configure: error: No unsigned 8-bit integral type.
configure: error: ./configure failed for db/dist

Oddly enough, when I go into db/dist and run configure, it goes just

        I saw some references to problems with Solaris 2.51 on the mailing list
archive, but none of them seemed to deal with my problem. If anyone has
a solution to this, I would be very appreciative.