Re: htdig: erased dbs, now can't put them back

Thu, 14 Jan 1999 16:06:59 -0600 (CST)

According to Doug:
> "Dudley, Jane" wrote:
> > I am running RedHat Linux 5.1. I got the htdig-3.1.0b4-0glibc rpm and
> > installed it. I got htdig working, searching across one machine. Great
> > results! I then edited the configuration file to ask it to index the web
> > sites on three different machines, but I had forgotten to point it to
> > large-enough temp dirs. Okay, my bad. I killed that job, edited the rundig
> > file, edited the htdig.conf file to point to more roomy directories, and
> > THEN had the bright idea to remove the db.docdb, db.wordlist, and
> > db.words.db files - all of those in that db directory. Well, I had to get
> > my disk space back... So I go to run rundig again, and I get:
>
> I would suggest that you delete all the old db stuff in all possible
> directories, the run 'htdig -vvi' (not rundig) which should give you
> enough debugging info to know what's going on. If -vv doesn't tell you,
> keep adding v's till you get the info you need. :)

And make sure the user ID you use to run htdig or rundig has write
permission on the directory in which you want to put the DBs, as well
as access permission to all directories leading up to it. htdig -i does
rebuild the DBs from scratch, so the error suggests to me a problem with
permissions in the new directory you set up.