Re: htdig: PDF Error

Matthew Whalen (
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:59:32 -0500

I think I heard David B Swann say:
>For a single pdf file on my system, I get an error that the parser can not
>open the acroread output. However, I can't determine WHICH file is
>causing the problems. The document size is set way to high to ba a
>problem. How can I easily determine which file is causing the problem?

I changed a PDF file on my machine a week or two ago and I just noticed
a couple of days ago that I was getting an error. I'm not sure if it
started when I changed PDF file and I didn't notice, or if it's a new error.

Here's the message:

Error: Cannot perform calloc
/var/tmp/htdig2823.pdf: Could not repair file.
PDF::parse: cannot open acroread output
PDF::parse: cannot open acroread output

It's happened the last couple of nights. I haven't noticed anything about
running out of swap space, so I don't really think that it's a memory
allocation problem. Currently, the machine has 511M free swap, which
is pretty typical.

Is this the same error that you are getting?