Re: htdig: erased dbs, now can't put them back

Doug (DougB@simplenet.com)
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 11:34:42 -0800

"Dudley, Jane" wrote:

> Hello, all.
>
> I am running RedHat Linux 5.1. I got the htdig-3.1.0b4-0glibc rpm and
> installed it. I got htdig working, searching across one machine. Great
> results! I then edited the configuration file to ask it to index the web
> sites on three different machines, but I had forgotten to point it to
> large-enough temp dirs. Okay, my bad. I killed that job, edited the rundig
> file, edited the htdig.conf file to point to more roomy directories, and
> THEN had the bright idea to remove the db.docdb, db.wordlist, and
> db.words.db files - all of those in that db directory. Well, I had to get
> my disk space back... So I go to run rundig again, and I get:

        I would suggest that you delete all the old db stuff in all possible
directories, the run 'htdig -vvi' (not rundig) which should give you
enough debugging info to know what's going on. If -vv doesn't tell you,
keep adding v's till you get the info you need. :)

Good luck,

Doug