htdig: Internship opportunity

Jacques Le Mouel (lemouel@sprintmail.com)
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 13:45:38 -0500

Dear mailing list.

I am in charge of Electronic Documentation for the Operations division

of SITA-Equant, a major international network services company (see

www.sita.int, www.equant.com).

We have set-up an Intranet site full of technical documentation in pdf,

with htdig as the search engine. This site is still quite rough and we

have plans for many improvements.

We are considering offering a internship for a university student, for 1

or 2 quarters, to work on improvements of the site.

Amongst the things to do:

        - improve the html navigation

        - upgrade to a newer release of htdig

        - develop administration tools

        - document and coach an admin person for the on-going administration of

the documents library

We are looking for a student, with the following skills:

        - some Unix (HP Ux preferred) admin

        - some development

        - capacity to download a package and build it from scratch (including

rebuilding Perl, gcc, ... if required)

        - html development

        - perl, java or c development to build tools

        - communication skills (documentation, coaching)

Prior knowledge of htdig would be a real plus, thus my posting to the

list.

We are based in the north-west suburbs of Atlanta.

If you know somebody who might be interested, please have them send me

their resume via email.

Best regards,

Jacques Le Mouel