htdig: db.words.gdbm not being generated

David B Swann (swann@nosc.mil)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 17:04:12 -0500 (EST)

I was running an older version of HTDIG and it was NOT indexing all of the
files on my system, so I decided to upgrade. I ran htdig -i -v -s then I
ran the rundig script. However, when I now try to search my site I get
an error saying that the db.words.gdbm file is not there. I went to the
index directoruy and verified that it is NOT there.

What generates this file? How do I generate it? Why was it missing when
I install the software?

Thanks for any help!!