Re: htdig: Log htdig use?

William Rhee (willrhee@umich.edu)
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:46:44 -0500 (EST)

Hi there,

Another very simple idea is (if you use the GET method in your form), you
could just write an awk or perl script to grab all the hits to
/cgi-bin/htsearch out of your httpd access log and pick the search words
out of the QUERY_STRING, ie:

        "/cgi-bin/htsearch?method=or&words=wolverine+access"

It has the advantage of not adding any overhead to the search CGI.

cheers,
--Will