Re: htdig: Rewriting URL's in possible?

Doug (
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 12:57:07 -0800

"Peter H. Lemieux" wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Doug wrote:
> > > however what we'd really like to do is rewrite indexed url's of the form
> > > "".
> > Any suggestions welcome,
> >
> > Doug
> How about a non-htdig suggestion?
> If you're running Apache, you might try implementing this using
> mod_rewrite. Then just point htdig at the form of the
> address, and Apache should lead it to the right place.

        I apparently have not expressed the problem clearly. The operation of
htdig is totally as expected, and it indexes our site just fine. For
various reasons, we need to point htdig at the www1 pseudo server so
that it will index the site without recursing through the "get a
tracking number" routine that happens when you go to

        What I would like to do is *after* htdig is done indexing the site,
take the database it creates and everywhere there is a URL of the form:

change it to look like this:

Sorry for the confusion,