Re: htdig: Rewriting URL's in db.docs.index possible?

Doug (DougB@simplenet.com)
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 12:26:58 -0800

Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Doug wrote:
>
> > Digging into this some more (Ok, bad pun :) it looks like my best bet
> > is to tell htdig to create a text version of the database, modify that,
> > then either find a way to make htmerge use it (doesn't look likely) or
> > convert the text db to the BDM db that htmerge expects. So.... any hints
> > on that? :)
>
> I'd actually suggest looking at the changehost perl script in the contrib
> directory. It needs to be updated to use the Berkeley DB support in Perl
> (since database aren't in GDBM anymore). But it should give you a good
> idea of what to do.

        Thanks for the tip. I installed the BerkeleyDB module (supposed to be
the thing for berkeley db v. 2+), started making what looked like
reasonable changes in the script and on my first pass got the following
errors:

Argument "BerkeleyDB" isn't numeric in entersub at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/BerkeleyDB.pm line 187.
Can't locate auto/BerkeleyDB/TIEHASH.al in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/5.00404 /usr/local/lib/perl5
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/sun4-solaris
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at ./changehost.pl line 31

        This kind of thing is frankly beyond my current perl ability, but I
will slog through it till the boss decides that something else has
higher priority. :) Any comments or suggestions welcome.

Doug