Re: htdig: Weird characters from title showing up in excerpt...

Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:02:59 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Matt Walker wrote:

> It apears that the characters |, (, & ) are placed in the excerpt
> when indexing. I've tried adding these characters to
> valid_punctuation but to no avail. Is there a way to instruct
> htdig to not put any text from the title into the excerpt
> or to exclude specific characters from titles?

Aha. There was a report to the bug DB a while ago, but I never received a
followup on exactly what was wrong. While I can't provide a workaround, at
least this gives me a good idea on what's happening.

> Unfortunately, the site I'm having problems with is on a
> staging server and not accessable from the outside world...

If you (or someone) can send me an example page, I'll make sure this gets
fixed in the next release. I'm not sure why it's doing this, but a page
for debugging purposes would help a lot. You can just send the HTML if
that's the easiest.