Re: htdig: (Not) translating entities

Geoff Hutchison (
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 13:49:06 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Marjolein Katsma wrote:

> your visitor's language. I found this in the mail list archives; about a
> year ago - can't remember the name of the poster. Can't think why it didn't
> make it into the distribution but I found it useful.

I picked a patch that supplies the filename if no title is found. I
thought this was more appropriate. As always, I'm open to comments. May
the best patch win. ;-)

> However, I don't really think your solution is necessarily 'better'. A
> better solution would be to extend the String class with a compare method
> that accepts a "string" (a char *) as a parameter rather than another
> String object. More object-oriented and more encapsulated. You could then
> simply write:

Yes, this was the suggestion I was going to make. The "new String"
portions of your patch are definitely memory leaks (albeit small ones).