Re: htdig: Rewriting URL's in db.docs.index possible?

Marjolein Katsma (HSH@taxon.demon.nl)
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 18:03:57 +0100

At 12:18 1999-01-12 +0100, you wrote:
>At 07:41 12.01.99 , Marjolein Katsma wrote:
>>At 16:49 1999-01-11 -0800, you wrote:
>>>Doug wrote:
>>[snip]
[snip]
>>I'd take another approach. Define a configuration parameter that pairs
>>old-string new-string (maybe any number of pairs)
>>and apply these replacements to the URL just before adding it to the
>>database. (SWISH-E has a similar mechanism.)
>
>Look at the server_aliases directive. It translates the server part of the
>urls.

OK, I'll admit I missed that - but it's only half the solution: it won't
chop off the ? as needed in this case.

Other kinds of URL replacements could be useful as well (like replacing
server/userpath by virtual domain).

>Cheers,
> Leo

>Alexander (Leo) Bergolth leo@leo.wu-wien.ac.at
>WU-Wien - Zentrum fuer Informatikdienste http://leo.wu-wien.ac.at
>Info Center
>In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?

Cheers,

Marjolein Katsma
Java Woman - http://javawoman.com
HomeSite Help - http://hshelp.com/