Re: htdig: Can ht://Dig do the following...

Lionel Siau (cyls98@doc.ic.ac.uk)
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 10:36:26 +0000

AH..I asked the same question a few weeks ago and these are my some of the
things I've found :

(i) dig and most DBMs can't do it.
(ii) I've heard the Oracle can do it with Context but I can't unravell their
documentation which is convorluted.
(iii) Altavista search engine can do it but it is only a demo and has higher
platform requirements
(iv) FINDEX does it beautifully BUT it is commercial(but reasonable price) and
is a C/C++ dynamic lib only.

If u're interested, pls contact me directly becoz we're doing the same thing
exactly at the moment. Begining next week. It would be extremely useful to
exchange ideas ie divide and conquer.

--
Lionel Siau

Imperial College of Science, Techonolgy and Medicine Department of Computing

ICQ UIN : 2021444

.~. /V\ L I N U X // \\ >Phear the Penguin< /( )\ ^^-^^