htdig: Feature Freeze for 3.1.0 (final)

Geoff Hutchison (
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 22:15:10 -0400

Well it's about that time. The code is getting pretty stable and it looks
like we have a nice bag of goodies for the next release. Since most patches
seem to be focused on bug-fixes and similar things, it seems pretty natural
to announce a feature freeze.

As of midnight, Friday, January 15, 1999 (EST), I will no longer take
patches for new features. Then we'll have a nice few weeks for
documentation updates, bug-fixes (hopefully we'll squash all reported
problems?) and additional testing. What's a feature? If it requires a
config file option, it's definitely a feature. If it doesn't address a
bug-like behavior in the current code, it's most likely a feature. ;-)

What does this mean for users? We're hoping to make 3.1.0 the most bug-free
release yet. I hate to make promises, but it's looking pretty solid right

What does this mean for developers? Please submit any patches you have
ASAP. I'm going to commit a few patches tonight. If it's not in the CVS
tree tomorrow morning, I've either lost it, forgotten about it, or never
received it. Send it again if you're not sure.