htdig: Feature Freeze for 3.1.0 (final)

Mon, 11 Jan 1999 22:15:10 -0400

Hi,

Well it's about that time. The code is getting pretty stable and it looks
like we have a nice bag of goodies for the next release. Since most patches
seem to be focused on bug-fixes and similar things, it seems pretty natural
to announce a feature freeze.

As of midnight, Friday, January 15, 1999 (EST), I will no longer take
patches for new features. Then we'll have a nice few weeks for
documentation updates, bug-fixes (hopefully we'll squash all reported
problems?) and additional testing. What's a feature? If it requires a
config file option, it's definitely a feature. If it doesn't address a
bug-like behavior in the current code, it's most likely a feature. ;-)

What does this mean for users? We're hoping to make 3.1.0 the most bug-free
release yet. I hate to make promises, but it's looking pretty solid right
now.

What does this mean for developers? Please submit any patches you have
ASAP. I'm going to commit a few patches tonight. If it's not in the CVS
tree tomorrow morning, I've either lost it, forgotten about it, or never
received it. Send it again if you're not sure.

Thanks,