Re: htdig: Can ht://Dig do the following...

Mon, 11 Jan 1999 20:44:34 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Alan Schneider wrote:

> 1) How can I index a flat file? The documentation is very limited in
> this regard?

Do you mean a standard text file? It does this by default. If you want it
to return parts of that text file (i.e. the text file is actually a
database), I'm afraid it's not possible. If you can come up with a nice
way to distinguish between standard text files and flat-file databases,
I'm all ears (figuratively, of course ;-)

> 2) Is their a way to specify the type of data that is in a field? We
> currently use another product which allows us to return the results
> sorted by date, numeric, etc. Is this capability available in ht://Dig?

There will be support for sorting matches at least by date and title in
the next release, I hope.

> 3) Is there any active development on ht://Dig?

Quite a bit. You can see http://dev.htdig.org/ if you're interested in
helping out or just want the bleeding-edge development source. Or you can
grab the weekly CVS snapshots off of http://www.htdig.org/files/snapshots/
I'm about to announce a feature freeze for the upcoming 3.1.0 release.