Re: htdig: Rewriting URL's in db.docs.index possible?

Doug (DougB@simplenet.com)
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:49:22 -0800

Doug wrote:

> Greetings, :)
>
> I am evaluating htdig for use in our company and I have to say that
> after reviewing multiple search engine products I am quite impressed
> with htdig. Barring influence from cosmic rays or some such, this is the
> product we are going with.
>
> I just signed up for this list, so my apologies if this has been
> covered. I did search the archives but didn't find anything similar. For
> a variety of reasons, after you access our site for the first time you
> are redirected from "www.simplenet.com" to "www1.simplenet.com." Part of
> the reason for this is to append a tracking number, like
> ...html?000.lotsmorenumbershere. This isn't the end of the world,
> however what we'd really like to do is rewrite indexed url's of the form
> "http://www1.simplenet.com/path/file.html?" to
> "http://www.simplenet.com/path/file.html".

        Digging into this some more (Ok, bad pun :) it looks like my best bet
is to tell htdig to create a text version of the database, modify that,
then either find a way to make htmerge use it (doesn't look likely) or
convert the text db to the BDM db that htmerge expects. So.... any hints
on that? :)

Any suggestions welcome,

Doug